- The Department of Theatre awards over 25 different scholarships each spring for the following academic year.
Scholarships available for Graduate Students
- Graduate students should complete the New and Returning Graduate Students - Scholarship & Award Application on Acceptd. Click the link to take you to our Acceptd page. You will need to create a free profile on Acceptd if you do not already have one. Choose "New and Returning Graduate Students - Scholarship & Award Application" from the drop-down menu and complete the application. By completing this application you will be considered for all Department of Theatre scholarships for which you meet the eligibility requirements. There is a section of the application that allows you to apply for optional awards. See details below. All applications must be completed by March 1 for consideration.
- Need-based scholarships: To be considered for a scholarship with a financial need component, students must complete the annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) so financial need can be determined. International students usually must complete KU's International Student Need Analysis Worksheet (ISNAW) instead of the FAFSA. Links, timelines, and additional information is available from the KU Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Returning graduate students are eligible to apply for travel awards such as the Andrew and Lilly Tsubaki Award. They are also eligible for the Gerhard Zuther Memorial Award for Dramatic Scriptwriting. Students should complete the optional awards section of the application in order to apply for any of these awards. All applications must be completed by March 1 for consideration.
- Returning graduate students are also eligible for the Brian Ten Eyck Davis Award, the Ethel Hinds Burch Awards, the Glenn Bickle Award, and the Joseph R. Roach Dissertation Research Award. These awards are presented by nomination and vote of the faculty of the Department of Theatre. No application is necessary.
All scholarships and awards will be presented at the annual student recognition ceremony held at the end of the spring semester.
Please contact Katherine Pryor, Managing Director of Theatre.