• Home
  • Academics
  • Advising


Follow the links below for more information on undergraduate advisement in the Department of Theatre

Consult an Academic Advisor assigned to the Department of Theatre.
Sydney and Miranda are available anytime by appointment during normal office hours. Call 785-864-3500 to make an appointment. Walk-in hours with Sydney are Tuesdays 1-4 pm in 300 Chalmers Hall.

Miranda Cook portrait
Academic Advisor, School of the Arts
Summerfield Hall, Room 230
Sydney Stone portrait
Senior Academic Advisor, School of the Arts
Chalmers Hall, Room 300
For help with your Theatre Major or Minor, consult Theatre's Undergraduate Coordinator
See your assigned faculty advisor. If you don't have (or don't know) an advisor, contact the Department of Theatre Undergraduate Coordinator:

Theatre Faculty & GTA Office Hours
For Information about Theatre Practicum (THR 101, 201, 301, or 401)
Review the information and syllabus on the Practicum page. If you have further questions contact the Artistic Director of the University Theatre:

Peter Zazzali portrait
Associate Professor, Associate Chair, Artistic Director of Kansas Repertory Theatre
Murphy Hall, Room 214B
Ph.D., CUNY Graduate Center
M.F.A., University of Delaware
B.F.A., CalArts
Acting; Actor Training; Directing; Theatre History; Sociology of Theatre
Degree Requirements
B.A. & B.G.S Performance or Theatre, Culture & Society

B.F.A. Theatre Design. Note: Degree will change for students matriculating since Fall 2013.  See degree information.  

B.F.A. Theatre/Voice.  For more information about studying Musical Theatre in the Department of Theatre, see our webpage.

Theatre Minor

KU Core Information for Theatre Majors

Directed Study (THR 498 & THR 499) Guidelines & Forms
Students interested in pursuing a directed study (THR 499), or Department Honors Directed Study (THR 498) should contact a theatre faculty member and request permission, THR 498 & THR 499 Guidelines (PDF). THR 498 and 499 are eligible for KU Core Goal #6 credit. Download a Directed Study Approval form (PDF). If your project involves a performance or public presentation, you must reserve the use of the Inge Theatre or other spaces. Use the Academic Activity Application (PDF)
Internship (THR 307)  Form
Students interested in pursuing an Internship (THR 307) should consult with a theatre faculty member and request permission to enroll under THR 307. Internship is eligible for KU Core Goal #6 credit. Download an Internship Approval form (PDF)
Collaborative Production (THR 560) Guidelines & Forms
Students interested in creating an original, collaborative, and integrative production (THR 560) should first download, read, and study THR 560 Procedures and Guidelines (PDF), a sample Syllabus with example of Schedule (PDF), and Collaborative Production Agreement (PDF) that includes Goal 6 and Collaborative rubrics to receive KU Core Goal #6 credit. Contact a theatre faculty member and request permission to enroll. To reserve the use of the Inge Theatre or other spaces for your public performance, you must also fill out the Academic Activity Application (PDF).
Other Forms 

This website is no longer being updated. Click here to visit our new site.